Thursday, February 16, 2012

Finally Happy

I'm so glad to say that for the first time in my life since I was a young child, I a truly happy. What? Did I just say that? Yep! I am happy and content with who I am and the people around me. I am so incredibly blessed to be surrounded by genuine and sincere people who truly care about my well being. They are amazing. I really want to dedicate this blog to a few of my friends and family.

Over the years, you have all grown with me and seen the ups and downs I've gone through. You've all stood by my side and offered a safe haven. It is such a wonderful feeling to know that there are still people who care about others.

[Very poor excuse of a segue way, sorry.]

This also leads me to the fact that I have a restored faith in humanity. Yes, there are disgusting and horrible things happening in the world and it's so easy to feel jaded and disillusioned in this day and age. I honestly feel like no matter how far down the track, civilisations will continue to progress and regress in a never ending and exhausting cycle. However, tiny glimpses of beauty can be seen in the most obscure places. Now, I'm not talking about the grandeur gestures of compassion. It's difficult to say that the majority of us are uncapable (well, we are if we put our mind to it) of performing these gestures, but the tiniest things make changes. I don't want to sound cliche. Trust me, I know how monotonous it gets reading the same idea over and over, but I really feel it needs to be said and people need to be reminded that not everything has turned to muck in this world.

The other day I dropped a coin and someone ran back from and picked it up for me and today I saw a lady who was running late for her train, double back and help a blind man up the stairs (he didn't even look like he was struggling and certainly didn't ask). This honestly made me smile for ages. Yep, I thought this was noteworthy.

Anyway, I don't think many people read this, so there is minimal risk of me looking really strange with this post since most people don't even give the acts mentioned a second though.

Bye my dears!

-Laura (relaxed, on holidays and observing people). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment