Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I miss...

The other night I was preparing for bed and once I finally got under the covers, I couldn't get to sleep. I reminisced endlessly about my childhood. So, I eventually promised myself to get some rest and blog about it. This is primarily a reminder about what I treasure in life so that I can reflect on it in times to come.

I miss...

Playing with Polly Pocket, Diva Starz and Barbie.

Playing with dinosaurs with my cousins.

Making up crime scenes with clues and getting others to figure them out. We used to call this game 'Monk' after the TV show.

Playing with Digimon Tamagotchies.

Building a cubby houses with my grandmother.

Watching Care Bears

Getting so excited over small things and feeling on top of the world. I still get excited over things but its not that same feeling I used to get.

Looking forward to my birthday.

Eating manoush with my dad and watching TV.

Watching Horror movies with my dad at night.

Playing the 'Jumanji' board game with my cousin Anthony.

Watching, reading Goosebumps and playing the board games.

Being obsessed with Harry Potter.

Playing playstation and actually being engrossed in it.

Spending hours at night watching Michael Jackson DVDs, interviews, film clips etc and crying and laughing, basically yearning to be his 'buddy'. I know its odd to miss crying but I do miss this part of my life.

I miss my primary school buddy, Vanessa, and the games we'd play. We made them all up.

I miss re-enacting the whole film of 'The Parent Trap' as a game with Vanessa.

I miss 'sunny boy' ice blocks.

I miss the Halloween party we had in kindergarten at my first primary school. (I went to 3).

I miss certain highschool teachers who inspired me more than they'll ever know.

I miss laughing and running around at lunchtime in highschool, while many girls would sit and gossip.

I miss 'Wonderland' and specifically, the day I went with Rachel (my cousin) and told her how much I liked her top. Not long after, she bought me a smaller version. I was about 7.

Well, they're some of the memories I hold dear. I'm glad I could share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment